Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hey Guys: Discovering and Enjoying Istanbul

Today was very great day in Istanbul. We got to visit some of the oldest mosques in the world. It was amazing. There was so much history. The mosque has some of the best traditions ever. Women were required to cover there heads and everyone had to take off there shoes. We had a long tour of the city from here and along the way we stop at Istanbul University which was once a military base. I also had the privilege of hang out with my friends at the Grand Bazaar which is one of the oldest shopping malls in the world. We spent half of our day there. Then I got to see my uncle and cousins who live in Turkey. They were nice and treated us for a dinner, as a result I had to cancel dinner that I had planned with my friends, but it was OK because we have plenty of free days. Well off to bed right now, See you







Some more pictures from Istanbul taken around Gezi Park :






More pictures from Istanbul taken at Taksim Square and Beyoglu neighborhood :







No comments:

Post a Comment